‘Let’s Get Jobless’ is all about growing my own remote business, let’s explore what that’s all about…
My name is Jamie Atkinson and I created this blog as a way for me to document my own efforts creating a lifestyle business that I can run remotely from anywhere in the world, and to share those efforts with others looking to do the same. If you have a desire to set up your own blog, lifestyle business, or remote business online, then this page is for you.
My aim is to help as many individuals as possible realise their personal goals as they build business around lifestyle, rather than lifestyle around business. My belief is simple: By offering you the right level of support, honestly sharing my own experiences, and working hard, we can learn and grow together.
That’s what ‘Let’s Get Jobless’ and I are all about.
What is a Lifestyle Business / Remote Business?
In my experience, what most internet entrepreneurs are looking for online is:
- A business that allows flexibility for its founder with a primary aim of sustaining a particular level of income or to provide a foundation to enjoy a particular lifestyle.
- A business that can be run from anywhere in the world with just a laptop and an internet connection.
Personally, I have wanted to set up a remote business for a number of reasons, reasons I detailed in my first blog post, So Why Blog? Primarily, I want to get away from the ‘rat-race’ that we pursue in business in the UK. I always worked towards a never ending goal of more money, career progression, and trying to get to the next step (whatever that may be), but as I achieved such goals, I was never actually that happy with the end result. My attention was focused on achievement, rather than fulfillment.
In other words, I became more interested in the goal than the journey.
But it’s the journey that’s supposed to be the fun bit, right?
So, I decided to start this blog! If you have not started a blog yet, whatever your goals are, I would highly recommend doing so! Starting a blog can give you a sense of focus on and hold you accountable to your personal and professional goals. If you are unsure what you want yours to be about, try setting yourself a list of short-term SMART Goals (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Timed). These short-term goals can help you work toward some long-term goals in your life. For more information on SMART goals check out my blog post here on SMART goals.
To dive right in and get started, I recommend checking out a few of the posts below. Feel free to comment and get involved sharing your ideas and goals, to tell us what you are working towards, or to even just say hi!
- To get started on setting up your own blog, check out my post here.
- If you have already set up your blog, you can check out my post on Top 10 tips on how to avoid looking like a new blogger.
- If you are interested in starting your own remote business or lifestyle business, you can read my post on how to take the first steps to starting your business.
- To learn more about me, head on over to my about me page.
- If you want to dive deeper into content, you can check out some top picks of my blog posts by diving into the categories page.